Monday, March 2, 2009

Meet my kids



This is my Penny, real name is Toy-fozie's Bolo Pepsi.

When I decided to get a dog I couldn't decide on the Bolognese or Havanese as they are both Bichon which means no doggie odour, a prerequisite for someone with severe allergies. So I did what I usually do- I got both!

Penny was bred in Norway in '98 and is not typical of the Bolognese being bred today as she is larger and longer in the body. At the time though, this was the accepted type and she comes from an excellent line. Her grandmother, Eliane was the top bolo in England back in the 90's when they were re-intoduced to Europe. The thing about Penny is that she's different than any dog I've ever known. The Bolognese is a serious dog, more interested in humans than in other dogs and, as such, she is my "soulmate", very much like a very serious 4 year old human little girl. It's very hard for me to be away from her and I've cut short visits to my mom in Montreal because I just missed her too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment